Washington Gas has historically maintained a Supplier Diversity Program that expands and builds on relationships with diverse suppliers, improves growth and enhancement, and fosters minority business enterprise development. In addition, as committed champions of supplier diversity, Washington Gas includes diverse spend as part of the company’s annual Corporate Scorecard goal to ensure accountability with executives and management.
About Washington Gas
Washington Gas provides safe, reliable natural gas service to more than 1.2 million customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. The company has been providing energy to residential, commercial and industrial customers for 170 years.
Tier II Program Reporting Requirements
Washington Gas requires that suppliers who participate in the 2nd Tier Program submit performance reports detailing purchasing data covering spend with the following supplier classifications:
- Minority-owned Business (MBE)
- Women-owned business (WBE)
- Women Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Business Enterprise (SDVET)
- Veteran-owned Business Enterprises (VET)
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
- 8(A) Small Business (8A)
- Historically underutilized zones (HUBZone)
- Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business (EDWOSB)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE)
- Disability-owned Business Enterprise (DISABLED)
- Small Business Enterprises (SMALL)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans-owned Business Enterprise (LGBT)
- Alaska Native Corporations (ANC)
Reports Reports must be submitted Monthly.
Reporting period's open the first of every month and close by the 20th of each month.
*Please access your UniTier account to learn of any changes made to your customer's reporting due dates