University Of Miami
University of Miami's commitment focuses on holding our business partners and ourselves accountable by expanding relationships and enriching economic inclusion for diverse and underutilized suppliers. To achieve our goals we are investing in four key pillars.
- Recruit – Our active outreach to identify Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) to support our goods and service needs.
- Engage & Develop – Connecting with MBEs to support growth and provide resources and tools to help businesses thrive at the University and beyond.
- Opportunity – Increasing opportunities in purchasing bidding and spend.
- Assess – Monitoring progress with our reporting and accountability tools.
University of Miami requires that suppliers who participate in the 2nd Tier Program submit performance reports detailing purchasing data covering spend with the following supplier classifications:
- Minority-owned Business (MBE)
- Woman-owned Business (WBE)
- Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVET)
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Owned Business (LGBT)
- Veteran-owned Business (VET)
- Disabled-owned Business (DISABLED)
- Self-Certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SC-SDB)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Alaskan Native Corporations (ANC)
- Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Business (EDWOSB)
- Women Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- AbilityOne Program (ABILITYONE)
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)
- SBA 8A (8A)
- HUBZONE Business (HUBZONE)
- Small Business (SMALL)
- Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE)
Reports must be submitted quarterly on the following dates:
- Quarter 1 (January 1 - March 31):
- Period opens April 1st
- Reports due by May 15th
- Quarter 2 (April 1 - June 30):
- Period opens July 1st
- Reports due by August 14th
- Quarter 3 (July 1 - September 30):
- Period opens October 1st
- Reports due by November 14th
- Quarter 4 (October 1 - December 31):
- Period opens January 1st
- Reports due by February 14th